charm quilts for Project Linus – done!

The title of this post nearly says it all – I finished my first two Project Linus quilts of the year!  These were really easy to put together.  All together I think it took two weekends; one to cut the fabric and sew the quilt tops and another to make the quilt sandwich and bind.  I used all scraps (except for one new fat quarter) for the quilt tops and used fabric I had in my stash for the backs.  The blue and white back fabric is from IKEA.  The more I use from my stash, the more new fabric I can add, right?  They’re a little funky, a little wonky and there are a lot of mistakes, but they will keep a couple of kids warm :-)

charm quilt
charm quilt
charm quilt
charm quilt
charm quilt
charm quilt

I’m in the Boston area, snowed in by a massive blizzard.  I’ve got another idea for a Project Linus quilt.  Hmmm . . . snowed in + sewing = happiness!  xo

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s