We’re less than two weeks into the new year and I’ve already finished two quilts. I started them back in October in an attempt to gain some control – ie use up – some of my scraps. The Log Cabin pattern is a great stash buster and the blocks were really fun to make. I kept cutting and sewing until I was out of the right size fabric for each block and miraculously ended up with enough blocks for two quilt tops. These are small-scale quilts – measuring just 26″ x 34″. Perfect crib size for Project Linus donations.
I have to confess that I like working with scraps. I like to challenge myself and my creativity to see what I can come up with using a very narrow selection of fabric. It’s also really fun to take a trip down memory lane and remember every project that the scraps came from.
The purples really pop in this one. I used some leftover black, purple and orange binding and a purple paisley for the back.
I didn’t quite have enough blue fabric to make an even dozen so I threw in a yellow square (I don’t use all that much yellow so the scraps were slim pickings). The binding is mostly leftover from previous projects.
Why, yes, those are the most adorable chickens on the back! I love this chicken fabric. I still have a couple more yards left so I can’t wait to use it in future quilts.
I made another quilt top last weekend but it was too windy to take pictures today. My goal of ten quilts for Project Linus is off to a great start! :-)