I’m rolling right along on my quilts for Project Linus. I thought I’d actually follow a pattern for this one and found a great site with lots of options for half-square triangle blocks. I love half-square triangle blocks, but oh the trimming! So much trimming and so many threads ending up all over everything! I love how this one came together though, so it was worth it :-)
I decided to make one block in reverse color than the others. I love how it came out. And yes, I used all scraps (and one full fat quarter) – the scrap pile is dwindling, I promise!
Excuse the very ghetto-looking back of my building. Seeing the quilt from afar helps me figure out if the color moves correctly. I love the motion of this quilt.
For the back, I used some IKEA fabric. I feel like every quilter on the planet uses this backing, but I have to admit I really like it, especially for a children’s quilt.
I am most proud of how neat and exact my corners came out. I’m still working on some ironing and seaming issues but I’m really trying to be more precise in my cutting, trimming, and sewing. I still have so much to learn, but I’m getting there.
This is Project Linus quilt #8.