As I mentioned in my last post, I taught myself how to sew freehand improv curves. This has truly been one of the most enjoyable quilting experiences I’ve had since I started quilting! This project was such fun and I am happy to now share pictures of the finished quilt. I absolutely love how it came out!
My only regret with this quilt is that it turned out a lot larger than I anticipated so I didn’t have quite enough room to pin the “quilt sandwich” together. When I went to quilt it, the fabric pulled all over the place. Ugh, I’m so disappointed in the quilting! It’s my own fault for rushing things. I’m sure that once the quilt has been washed, the pulling won’t be noticeable.
The backing fabric is from IKEA. I love this fabric but I think they finally discontinued it.
Instead of dwelling on the quilting mess, I’m going to end with a another picture of the quilt. This was such a great project and I can’t state enough how great it was to stretch my skills and learn something new :-)